Fatpacking Cancellation Policy
Cancellations do occur, often for very good reasons. However as a trip approaches,
Fatpacking must pre-pay and commit to various expenses in anticipation of your participation. Since many
of these expenses are often not recoverable, we must adhere to the following policies.
- Deposits are not refundable. At the discretion of Fatpacking,
deposits may be applied to a
future trip if cancellation occurs more than 25 days before a trip. After that time, they may not
be applied to future trips.
- If the trip has been paid for in full, and cancellation occurs 2 weeks or more
first day of the trip, the entire cost of the trip minus the deposit is refundable.
- Once a trip has begun, no part of the trip cost or deposit is refundable.
circumstances, such as a family emergency, a participant may be allowed to apply part of the trip cost
towards a future trip at the discretion of Fatpacking. Fatpacking has not found any insurance company that
will underwrite trip insurance for someone who requires or chooses to be evacuated from a trip in
- If a participant must be evacuated for emergency reasons,
they do so at their own expense,
and forfeit the entire trip cost. Fatpacking guides are obligated to help evacuate participants for emergency
- If a participant chooses to leave a trip while it is in progress for a non-emergency, they
do so at their own expense, and forfeit the entire trip cost.
Fatpacking guides may help evacuate participants
for non-emergency reasons, but are under no obligation to do so.
Trip insurance can give you peace of mind. You might consider trip insurance.
The company that underwrites Fatpacking's liability insurance recommends
Fatpacking does not endorse (or not endorse) this company, but we offer it to you as an option you may consider.
Back to top